ICCV is committed to providing a safe environment for its congregations. We are all going through difficult times, and we hope everyone stays safe and takes precautions for their own safety and for the safety of others.
In light of the recent Executive Order from the County of Ventura, Insha’Allah, ICCV will be open for five (5) daily prayers, indoors, starting from Monday, October 12, 2020.
Jummah prayer will continue to be performed outdoors without any changes.
Safety at ICCV
We encourage everyone to continue to follow the State and Local guidelines and the recommendations below.
Candidate Forum - Get to know your representatives
ICCV in concert with CAIR is organizing a virtual Candidate forum where you get to meet the local candidates running for office in the November election and it will be followed by a Q&A session.
WHEN: 7 PM – 8 PM PT, Wednesday, Oct 14, 2020
WHERE: Online session – Zoom link below
LIST OF CANDIDATES PARTICIPATING:
Jummah Prayers at ICCV:
Inshallah starting this Friday, Sept 11th,2020, ICCV will start offering two Jummah Khutbas and prayers outside the Social Hall in the outdoor space. This decision is in compliance with Ventura County's Order dated 14th July 2020 which allows for the outdoor worship services.
Session #1:* 1:00 - 1:25 pm
Session #2:* 2:00 - 2:25 pm
Session #1 will be broadcast live on Zoom. Please make a note of the new link below.
Unfortunately due to these prayers being held outside the Social Hall and thus requiring stairs to go upstairs, we are unable to accommodate anyone unable to climb up the steps without assistance. Community members who are retired or have a flexible work schedule are requested to please attend the session #2 to even out the number of Namazees in two congregations.
1. Wear a face mask to the masjid.
2. You must bring your own prayer mat as surfaces are not covered.
3. Perform wudu (ablution) at home; *washroom are closed until further notice *
4. Entry to the masjid only allowed 15 min prior to the start of each session.
5. Everyone will be temperature checked before entry; anyone with 100 F or higher temperature will be requested to pray at home.
6. No handshaking or hugging in the masjid.
7. Older adults and kids under 13 are recommended to pray at home.
8. Anyone not feeling well, with a weak or compromised immune system, having recent travel history or having someone sick at home should pray at home
9. Lay down your prayer rug to maintain a minimum of 6' social distancing.
10. Promptly depart the masjid and pray sunnah at home so that we can disinfect the prayer area for the next session.
11. There will be no food service at the masjid.
Please visit the ICCV website for additional details: www.iccv.org
Zoom Link : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89363720877
On behalf of the Islamic Center of Conejo Valley (ICCV), we write to express our love and solidarity with the Black community.
We are heartbroken by the tragic death of George Floyd. For those who have seen the shocking video, the image of George Floyd’s death has forever pierced our eyes and shaken our souls. Much to our dismay, this senseless act of violence is one of many in our country’s history. Breonna Taylor, Steven Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, Tony McDade, David McAtee, Walter Scott, Philando Castile and Trayvon Martin, all suffered a similar fate. Why? Because they were BLACK.
As Muslim Americans, when one part of our society is hurting due to injustice and oppression, we cannot sit silent. In accordance with the teachings of the Quran and the Sunnah, we need to right such wrongs. It is with that understanding, ICCV condemns all forms of anti-black violence, police brutality and systemic racism.
We acknowledge that the status quo is not right. We applaud people of all faiths who are standing up peacefully and taking action to shine a light on this issue which has been neglected for far too long. As members of the larger American community, we need to think long and hard about how we as individuals can make a difference. We need to all work together for a better, more equitable future.
In closing, the Islamic Center of Conejo Valley prays for George Floyd and other victims of police violence. We pray for the families who have lost loved ones to such tragic events. Finally, we pray that our country finds its moral compass and truly establishes "liberty and justice for ALL."